District Council Housing Options Teams
District Council Housing Option Teams:
Breathing Space Lancashire offers homelessness prevention services across East Lancashire to young people (14-25) and their families.
We can support Housing Options Teams by:
- Offering housing advice to young people at risk of homelessness
- Offer our mediation service as part of the '56 day prevention' rule to prevent them leaving the family home
- We can offer a stay in our bespoke Trainer House – where young people can stay for up to six weeks to have a taste of independent living
- Assist with Joint Homelessness Protocol meetings (in some cases we can attend on your behalf)
- We can advocate for young people and assist with transport to meetings
- Offer emergency or temporary accommodation for young people
- Complete housing related referrals on your behalf
- Complete referrals for specialist support
If a young person (14-25) presents as homeless, give Breathing Space a call and we can do the rest.
Go to the contact section of our website, select which local area and give us a call.