Are you homeless?
Have you been asked to leave the family home, been sofa surfing with a friend or sleeping rough? That means that you are, or are at risk of being, homeless.
If you think you’ll be asked to leave or move on in the next 56 days then you are classed by the local authority as being ‘threatened with homelessness’. You can ask the Housing Needs team at the Council for help and advice before you have to move out, or you can contact us and we can help you.
This is the kind of help we can give you:
- Answer questions about being homeless
- Help with worries about leaving home
- Help if you are suffering abuse or harm at home
- Offer advice about mental health, anxiety or depression
- Provide independent advice about housing and homelessness
- Advise you on the options available
- Explain what your rights are and what help you might be entitled to
- Provide you with support about housing and see if we can refer you to a supported housing project
- Talk to landlords to help you to get safe accommodation
- Help you to prevent your eviction
- Provide help with communication so that you can talk to your family or friends and build more positive relationships
- Refer you to other agencies like counselling or drug and alcohol projects
- Support you with applying for benefits
- Help you with budgeting
- Give you help if you don’t feel safe, or if someone you know isn’t safe
- Give you help either over the phone or face to face
- Give you help and support for as long as you need it, even if you are over 18